Sunday, June 3, 2012

More time...Six Sentence Sunday



Six Sentency Sunday is a day where published or nonpublished authors share six sentences from their work. I will share six sentences from my newest WIP, Frequent Flyer, continuing a few paragraphs from where I left off last week.  Hope, the middle school principal, has introduced herself to Colin and informed him that his son, Jason, has had three detentions at school. 



Ms. Robinson stood, walked to his side, and placed her hand on his arm. “Maybe he’s seeking attention. I suggest spending more quality time with him - father and son time.”
Of course. What other time would there be? After his wife died two years ago, there would be no one else. It seemed like that’s all they had was father and son time, if they weren’t at Colin’s parents. He’d been busy in the past year with his research getting published in the medical journal. Maybe she was right. He needed to spend more time with Jason.

Mr. Colin Calaway


Thanks for stopping by!

Melinda

2 comments:

  1. Being a single dad is daunting. I did it for a year with my oldest son. It's difficult to know which moments are "quality time" and which are just average, going through the motions time. Though, my son and I figured it out. Thank you for bringing back those memories for me.

    This is my first time visiting your blog and I'm taken by your story and I look forward to learning more about you, as an author and your writing.

    Great Six Melinda! I look forward to coming back for more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing more handsome than a father with his son. Loved this 6, Melinda! The pic alone is enough to lure me in ;)

    ReplyDelete