Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day Six Sunday


HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

In honor of Father's Day, I've chosen six sentences that include Jake and Amanda's fathers from Time Changes Everything. Joe, Amanda's dad, is so much like my own father.

Jake and Amanda take a trip home to Louisiana for Christmas. This excerpt is taken from their arrival.

Again, I am reminded how hard choosing only six sentences can be, so I cheated a little, and didn't officially enter the #sixsunday bloghop this week. Hope you enjoy anyway!



        “Isn’t that something, you both living in New York? Libby had a fit when she found out.”  
        “What’s that Joe?” Libby jerked her head in his direction, since she always heard everything that went on around her, even if she was at the other side of the car. 
        “Nothing. Nothing.” Joe swung his hand in the air, as if there was a mosquito nagging at his neck. 
       “Well, anytime you need me to take care of her, you let me know.” Jake smiled at Amanda. 
       She clenched her teeth and turned her head. Jake knew she was pissed, but he loved her all riled up.
       “Don’t tell her mother that, or you’ll be sorry.” Joe slapped him on the shoulder and trudged off with Amanda’s luggage. “What’s in these jiggers?”


Thanks for stopping by!

Melinda
     

3 comments:

  1. Just a touch over 6 - LOL. Thanks for sharing a father snippet for Father's Day. Fun stuff. I did like both father's very much in Time Changes Everything. Practical men.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, I knew they did things just to get a rise out of us!! Great "Six" Melinda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered why I didn't see your name in the Linky List. I was about to have Melinda withdrawals. ;)

    Great dialog. I love it. Wonderful Six, Melinda!

    ReplyDelete