Sunday, April 29, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday 4/29/12

Today is #sixsunday where published and non published writers share six sentences from a current WIP. Again, I will share from my Work in Progress, Time Changes Everything.


Amanda and Jake return home for Christmas. However, Amanda persuades Jake into keeping their relationship a secret. Now, both thier mothers are asking Amanda about her new boyfriend. Little do they know it's Jake. Amanda, baffled, tries to get out of saying the truth. At that precise moment, Jake steps in and questions what Amanda was doing.




“I wasn’t about to tell them!” Amanda found herself almost screaming.  “I said I wasn’t ready to talk about it.” 
Jake strutted over to the counter, grabbed a cookie and took a bite. He leaned back, crossed his ankles, and smiled. 
“Well, if she tells you, I’ll tell you.” He sent a wink her way. 


More from this scene next week! Stay tuned!

6 comments:

  1. I love the way he struts!! LOL Great 6! Very intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Jake and Amanda :) great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love his response, but I'm a little lost on who he's talking to, which is due I know to the dratted 6 sentence limit... And why would he tell something she's already told? Did you mean if she *doesn't* tell you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jake so loves teasing their moms, at the same time making Amanda panic. I know he just wants to tell 'cause he is so excited! I love Jake!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love his pose, leaning into the counter with crossed ankles. A sign the man is enjoying himself and knows what he's about. Good one!

    ReplyDelete