Friday, April 27, 2012

Oh My Hero! Blog Hop




This blog hop is hosted by Jaycee DeLorenzo and Victoria Smith. Participants are asked to post a picture of their hero and interview him. Then we hop around and read everyone's interviews. Click the link above if you would like to participate.

I am lucky enough to introduce you to Jake Edwards, every girl's teenage crush and now a man of many talents, from my WIP, Time Changes Everything.



Welcome Jake!
Me: We are happy to have you here, Jake. Thanks for taking time from your busy schedule.

Jake: No problem, Melinda. Mandy told me all about your blog and it's a pleasure to be here.

Me: Such a gentleman! ***sigh***. Now on to our first question. Since this interview is about heroes, who is your hero?

Jake: Wow! That's a tough question. ** draws brows together** I would have to say my stepfather, Gil, is a hero for me. He stepped into our family after my biological father left when I was only five years old. Gil has been a role model for me. He raised me like I was his own. Then when I started high school, Gil was right there with me, since he was the high school track coach. He led me in the right direction in my life.

Me: **gasp** Are you tearing up, Jake?

Jake: Nah, just got something in my eye. **wipes eyes with sleeve**

Me: Of course. If you need to lean on someone, you know I'm here.

Jake: Thanks. I'm okay. **wink, wink**

Me: You and Amanda are engaged now, right? How would you describe her?

Jake: ** smiles ear to ear ** We are engaged.... finally! She never ceases to surprise me. She's a go-getter, independent, and strong. She always knows what she wants and isn't scared to let me know about it. I love that she can make me laugh and that we have such a history together. **blue eyes simmer** I love her.

Me: She's one lucky lady.

Jake: **smirks **  I hope she thinks that.

Me: Let's change the subject. What do you do to relax?

Jake: Well, I don't think it's a secret that I like to run. Keeping in shape is important to me and it is also a time to be outside, free of thought, and to live the moment. Amanda and I still run a few times a week in Central Park.

Me: I think we have a picture of you enjoying the outdoors. **uh, um *** We definately see that you like to stay fit. We thank you for that.


Jake: Uh.... okay. ** looks at his watch **

Me: Just one more question. We know you need to get home to Amanda.

Jake: Sure. Take your time.

Me: Are you happy now?

Jake: **Thinks for a moment*** My life has really changed... for the better. **deep breath** After moving to New York and meeting up with Amanda, my life took a step forward. **laughs** Amanda would say that - moving forward is her motto. Now that we are engaged and living together, I realized that I can be happy with an adorable woman in my life. **shrugs**  I know the title of your book is Time Changes Everything, and I have to agree with you. Now that Amanda and I have grown up and moved on, we are ready for our changes. Those changes include each other and I couldn't be happier.

Me: **sigh** Thank you Jake for taking the time to speak with me today.

Jake: ** standing** no problem, Melinda. Any time. **shakes my hand and kisses it** I left another photo with my signature for your visitors. I hope you like it.

Me: Oh, Jake! Thank you! You ARE my hero!



For other interviews, please click the link listed at the top. Hope you have a nice day!

Sweet dreams,

Melinda 

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I loved this, Melinda! I really like the way Jake looks through your eyes! Talk about sizzling on the computer screen! Wow!

    In all seriousness, though, this was really fun to read and I enjoyed it a lot (though I kept getting side tracked by the pictures!).

    ReplyDelete