Sunday, April 1, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday 4/1/12





Happy April Fool's Day!

Today is #sixsunday where published and non-published writers share six sentences from their work.  I will share 6 sentences from my finished Work-In-Progress Time Changes Everything.

Every Sunday I think it gets harder and harder to choose just 6 lines. I cheated a bit and have 8 sentences. Shhhh. Don't tell anyone. Hopefully you enjoy today's pick.




To hell with it, she thought, with kisses like that, what could one night as Jake’s real date be like? It was time to find out.
She cleared her throat, leaned into his muscular body, and wiped her lipstick off his lips. “Not bad, smooth talker. But,  you may be in for a surprise tonight, too, Jake Edwards.” She walked ahead of him, swaying her hips more than usual. After a few steps, she stopped, peaked across her shoulder and said, “If you play your cards right.” She heard a growl behind her as she moved towards the boat, feeling Jake’s eyes on her.  




6 comments:

  1. Great six... errr, eight, Melinda! :-) I really like the playfulness of this scene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chantel! I like how Amanda gets the guts to finally do it!

      Delete
  2. Fun, sexy snippet! I'd like to see where it goes... You should sign up on the sixsunday.com site so others can find you... Sign up starts Tuesday evening for next Sunday...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha - great six-ish! So sexy and playful! I second Angela! P.S. I get how hard it is to limit to just six. Why do I use so many periods!??
    See you next Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janey! I'll be reading yours again next Sunday!

      Delete