Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Next Big Thing - Frequent Flyer WIP


What luck! I've been tagged three times to participate in The Next Big Thing hop. Of course, I'm thrilled to have the chance to brag about my newest WIP and hopefully it will be "The Next Big Thing!" Thanks to Michele Shriver, Ana Blaze and Lorna Peel for the tag.

Here are the rules:
1) Answer the questions.
2) Tag 5 other writers, providing the links.
3) Let the writer's know you tagged them.


Let the fun begin!
_________________________________________________________________________________

What is the working title of Your Book? Frequent Flyer, although I do think it will have to change eventually, since it doesn't seem very romantic. What do you think?

Where did the idea come from for the book? Colin, the MC, popped into my mind when I ate lunch with my brother-in-law one day. He is a widower and raises two girls on his own. Plus, he started dating again recently. This made me think how hard it would be for a single dad to date. And BOOM - I said, "Hey, I can create a character going through that."

What genre does your book fall under? Contemporary Romance

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie?


Colin Callaway - Single dad, Orthopedic Doctor - Chris O'Donnel


Hope Robinson - Single, Middle School Prinicpal - Candace Cameron




How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? I'm still working on it, but I started around December of last year (2011). I'm 80% through and have the rest plotted out (a big deal for panster me) and hope to be finished in the next month.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? I haven't read anything really like this, but know that it has the basic romance tropes: forbidden love, single dad. I would hope it is similar to contemporary romance authors Jill Shalvis or Shannon Stacey, only because I strive to write like them. The are my writing idols. :)

Who or What inspired you to write this book? I think I inspired myself. LOL! I am a Middle School teacher and I've known I wanted a heroine who was a teacher or principal in that setting, since I know a lot about it. So, with that, I created Hope. Then the writing bug hit and all my ideas splattered onto my canvas and POW - it was there! 

Of course, my hubby has been a huge support and pushes me to continue to write. Thanks, hon!

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest? How about a teaser? 

     He shook his head. “I can’t believe we’re doing this.”
     “Doing what?” She looked around, confusion in her eyes.
     “Talking about the weather.” He scooted closer to her, making her back up toward the railing.
     “Colin-” A warning came from her mouth.
     He moved her all the way back and put his arms around her,holding onto the rail. “Life is too short to ignore the truth and the truth is that we are extremely attracted to each other.”
     She started to open her mouth to protest, then closed it before saying anything.
     “Don’t deny it.” He raised his hand and caressed her cheek.
     Leaning into his palm, she said, “Remember we’re just friends.”
     He shook his head. “To hell with friends, Hope. I haven’t felt like this in so long.” He placed his forehead on hers and leaned in more. Enough that he could feel her quickened breath on his chin.


Thanks so much for stopping by and please don't forget to visit the writer's I tagged:

1) Paloma Black
2) David Lascelles 
3) Christina McKnight
4) Rachell Kall
5) ST Bende

2 comments:

  1. Whoot! I'm saving this post. I'm starting a new project in about two weeks! YAY...Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the tease! I'm excited about this one too. Good luck for The Next Big Thing.

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete