Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Romance Tropes Poll - What are Your Favorites?



Some things never change and that rings true for the romance genre. In category romance, there are timeless romance tropes. Check out these older romances with obvious tropes:
Marriage of Convenience
Office romance

Love Triangle, Girl Next Door



Admittingly, I have my favorites. In fact, anytime I find a category romance with a Boy Next Door or Friends to Lovers theme, I immediately grab it. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't like those books where you can guess what happens from page one. I like a little mixture of tropes, to make the story line more complex and the characters believable.


Recent examples of my favorite tropes include:


Let Me Be the One 

by Bella Andre
Trope: Friends to Lovers, Secret Crush

Head over Heels 
by Jill Shalvis
Trope: Opposites Attract

The Marriage Bargain
The Marriage Mistake

by Jennifer Probst

Tropes: Marriage of Convenience

Tempting the Best Man
by J. Lynn
Trope: Best Friend's Sister




As I finish up my latest WIP, other ideas form in my head. I don't usually let myself dwell on new ideas until I finish with one. However, there are characters in those deep dark cushions of my brain waiting to get out. With that in mind, I thought I'd ask my blog readers' opinions. What are your favorite tropes? Use the poll below and help me out with a new idea! 




Check back for the results as they come in. Thanks for stopping by,

Melinda

3 comments:

  1. Nice post, Melinda! Love those old covers. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a sucker for the older romance stories. You know the ones...arrogant tycoon is stoic and mean. The new hire is young and a menace to his virile, testosterone driven male ego. He must have her at all cost so this mere distraction will go away and he can continue his business at hand. lol

    ReplyDelete