Saturday, June 30, 2012

Rafael and Melinda: How We Met



Thanks for joining me on my first Bloghop - 

How We Met! 

Our wedding day - 16 years ago!
Nothing is more romantic than a story of how you met your significant other. We all have a story. Now is your time to share. I hope you enjoy my husband and I's story. Today we celebrate 16 years of marriage. Wow! 16 years! We actually have been together for 20. Wow! 20 years!  I am so lucky to have him in my life. Here it is...

In Taos, NM on a hiking trip

It was in between my freshman and sophomore year in college and I decided to take two classes in the summer. Little did I know History 101 would change my life forever. I always sat in the front row, directly in front of the professor and took notes profusely. However, one day, when I walked in the door something spoke to me…. “Sit in the back.” I scooted to the middle of a back row and ended up sitting next to a very handsome…Rafael. Rafael asked me to copy  notes and I had to ask him at least three times to repeat what he said since he had a strong accent. He later told me that he was from Guatemala which I pretended to know where it was. That night I went home to find it on a map. Now, here I am married to my college sweetheart living in Guatemala. 

In Albuquerque, NM - Where we met


If you would like to join us on this bloghop, please go HERE and sign up on the linky. The rules are below:
  1. Sign up on the linky.
  2. Share the story of how you met your significant other, be it your husband, boyfriend or partner, in 150 words or less.
  3. Post a picture that was taken around the time you met.
  4. Link back to my blog somewhere in your post. (http://melindadozier.blogspot.com) or add the blog button at the top.
  5. Please consider adding the blog hop button to your blog somewhere, so others can find it easily and join in too! Spread the word!
  6. Visit at least three other links on the day of the hop and leave comments.



12 comments:

  1. Sweet story! That's funny that you couldn't understand him and you looked up Guatamala on the map :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your anniversary! That was a great story and I loved the pictures. Wow, Guatemala..sounds like an adventure :)

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story!! This sounded like tons of fun so I added my link on the linky and my post is now up. Congratulations for a happy 20 years together and here's to 20 more, 30, 40 more as long as you both shall live!!! Have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a sweet story, and happy anniversary. It's amazing how those little intuitions to do something different can change your life forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. Great idea for a hop so have signed up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your story and congrats!!! I've had a blast reading all the tales from others.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh! I want to use this in my WIP! A handsome man with a strong accent. So intriguing! And to think it really happened to you! Swoon:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I mentioned on LG Keltner's "How We Met" post how interesting it is that our 6th sense kicks in to tell us something important - like where to sit in History 101! Lovely story!
    Some Dark Romantic

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooooh, a handsome foreigner! Nothing more sexier. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw! I remember going to the ABQ Balloon Fiesta every year we lived there. We didn't meet in NM, but my husband and I were married in ABQ.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! You guys are so cute together! Congratulations on 16 (20!) years. Great to hear your story!

    ReplyDelete