Sunday, May 20, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday 5/20/12


#sixsunday 5/20/12

Six Sentency Sunday is a day where published or nonpublished authors share six sentences from their work. I will share six sentences from my newest WIP, Frequent Flyer, continuing where I left off. Last week we met Colin, our male MC. Now, we will meet Hope, our female MC.




Just as the school bell rang, he saw a tall figure wobble into the office entrance.  She stepped closer and said, “You must be Mr. Calaway. ”
                Colin stood, looked at her cast and then took a second look at the woman holding out her hand. “You’re the principal?”
                “Hope Robinson..” She smiled as he shook her hand. “I appreciate you coming at such short notice. Please come into my office. ”



Hope you enjoyed. Please come back for more of the story next week! If you want to read more form other authors, please go to the link provided at the top of the page.

Melinda

8 comments:

  1. He seems surprised by her appearance. Intriguing six! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting six. I'm curious to see where this is headed. Also, love the name Colin Calaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious too! She seems cool and I like his surprise--he wasn't prepared for her :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all! I thought I would try to do a continuous six for my #sixsunday. HOpefully your questions are answered next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Intriguing six, Melinda. Talk about memories from school - sent to the principal's office. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I take it she's not the stereotypical principal. This is a nice meeting. I can't wait to see what comes next.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you have a female principal who makes a single father nervous. :) Great power dynamics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melinda I've never met a principal that didn't look exactly like a principal. So, you got me curious as to why.
    PS. I sent you a Versatile Blogger Award!
    http://filmsketchr.blogspot.com/2012/05/versatile-blogger-award-from-madlab.html

    ReplyDelete