Saturday, April 21, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday 4/22/12


Today is #sixsunday where published and non published writers share six sentences from a current WIP. Again, I will share from my Work in Progress, Time Changes Everything.


Since Amanda and Jake have a past, as childhood next-door neighbors, I wanted to share some reminiscing on their part. Jake and Amanda have just shared Thanksgiving lunch together and now will spend some quality time watching football together.

     Memories flooded back. Ten years ago, Amanda sat on the bleachers with her friend Shannon and pretended to watch a game. Wrapped in a warm jacket, the frigid air beat against her face and her eyes locked on jersey 68, Jake the quarterback. Girls chanted his name all around her as he passed the ball. 
     “You don’t have any friends to watch the game with?” She asked, shaking the memory from her mind.
     “I’d rather sit right here next to you.” He patted the sofa next to him. “Do you mind?” 
Hope you enjoyed today's sentences. I've had a lot of fun sharing. Check out the sixsunday.com website for more entries.

5 comments:

  1. I don't think she'll mind ;) Great visual flashback!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She doesn't mind at all! :) Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flash backs can be tricky, you've done a very nice job with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! I love this scene - Jake is so sweet in it! BTW - love the sleek new look of the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jess and Chantel! I love all the memories that are brought up in Time Changes Everything. It's sweet.

    ReplyDelete