Friday, April 20, 2012

Kreativ Blogger Award

I've always loved winning an award! It hasn't happened very often. Thanks to Kimberly Sullivan who nominated my blog for the Kreativ Blogger Award. Warm fuzzies!

Thanks so much, Kimberly! I’m glad you’ve enjoyed my blog as much as I’ve been enjoying yours.

According to the rules for those nominated, I have to:
  1. Thank the blogger who nominated me for the award and provide a link.
  2. List 7 things about myself that readers might find interesting.
  3. Nominate 7 other bloggers, provide links and let them know
7 things about myself that readers might find interesting:
  1. Guatemala is the place I call home. I am an ex-pat American who married my Guatemalan college sweetheart. 
  2. Even though I live in Central America, I have never taken a Spanish class. I have learned all my Spanish just by being around it. In fact, I studied French for eight years (High School and all four years of college).
  3. I've taught Middle School English for 16 years at the American School and I love it! It's so fun to be silly with pre-teens, even if they think I'm crazy. I also love to share the love of reading and writing - and hope that I make a difference in a small way.
  4. Acting used to be a creative outlet for me. Some may find this shocking as I tend to be shy around people.  :) In addition to that, I have played piano since I was seven.
  5. I was Vice President of Moral Advancement in my college sorority, Pi Beta Phi. I will always remember my "sisters" laughing at me for reading my romance books. One roomate in particular would say, "You're reading another one?" Sometimes, we would recite the "dirty" scenes aloud. Mind you, I was responsible of "Moral Advancement"  - keeping my sisters in line and here I was reading naughty paragraphs.
  6. I was born in Louisiana and grew up in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Now that my parents live back in Louisiana, I consider that my "settling spot." However, New Mexico will always be what I remember as home. I haven't been back since I graduated college... a long, long time ago. :(
  7. Coffee is one of my addictions. Yeah, I know it's cliche for a writer, but it's true! Anyway, I live in Guatemala where great coffee is always available. Lucky me!
7 other bloggers I'd like to nominate:

  1. Rachelle Ayala - Author Rachelle shares writing tips, author interviews and self-publishing advice.
  2. Chantel Rhondeau - Romantic suspense author with weekly writing tips, publishing insight and book reviews.
  3. Angela Quarles - A self proclaimed geeky Historical and Time Travel romance writer. My favorite posts are her Monday Hunks Who Read!
  4. Moodywriting - Author with amazing writing tips, publishing insights, and marketing ideas.
  5. Evanne Lorraine - Sexy erotica romance author provides daily tips, book reviews, writing insights, funnies and more.
  6. Lacey Devlin -  a new friend who has guest bloggers, writing workshop information, and writing tips.
  7. Harlequin Junkie Romance Reviews - Reviews of my favorite, Harlequin romance books. Plus, giveaways, blog visits, author interviews and more.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you Melinda! Glad you enjoy the hunks :)

    ReplyDelete