Saturday, March 24, 2012

Hunger Games and Hope

Yes! I admit it. I am a Hunger Games fanatic. Yes! I admit it. I am a middle-aged woman who screams at the sight of those cuties, Peeta and Gale. So what?

Are they beautiful or what?
I  began reading the trilogy in 2010, because as any good middle school teacher, I wanted to know what was "hot" in teenage reads. I read all the Harry Potter books and loved them, so I thought, "Hey, I can do the Hunger Games, too." Boy, am I glad. Suzanne Collins has done a fabulous job reigning in the teenagers. As with any book, the characters are what draw me in, and the main character, Katniss is someone to love. Her courage, her persistence, her drive. In the future, I hope I can write a story with a character as strong as she. In fact, I  plan on doing it.

Anyway, after finishing the books in December 2010, I heard there was a movie coming out. I always enjoy seeing books I've read on the bigscreen and comparing what I visualize in my head. In fact, there are many books that I have enjoyed and many others that I haven't, because nothing is better than what you visualize yourself. I hope I will create such fabulous stories that they'll all turn into blockbuster movies one day. Yeah, I could be the next Nicholas Sparks or Danielle Steele.

Too many teenagers in the theatre!
Last night, I took my two oldest sons, a son's friend and hubby to the first night of the movie showing. We were excited. You could feel the energy in the theatre. It's been a long time since I saw a movie packed with crazed teenagers. You can see a perfect ecard at the right, which shows what I was feeling. Amidst the ooohs and aaaahs and sssshhhhhs and laughing, I enjoyed the film tremendously. Inside I wince at this statement because who has fun watching 12-18 year olds kill each other? Errrr.... I guess I do? Hubby said if he had to watch Science Fiction, he prefered to watch Men in Black. He just doesn't get it.

All in all, I'm happy I read the books, I'm happy that I saw the movie, and I'm happy I found these funnies to share with you. Enjoy!
Now that's motivation!
He can volunteer anytime.

How I'm feeling now that I turned 40!
Oh yeah.
My last Hunger Games hope is to be as funny as these picture.

May the odds be ever in my favor!


What do you think about The Hunger Games?

3 comments:

  1. Very nice Mindy! Well stated! Thank you for taking my son. I look forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter went with all those screaming teenagers in our town. She said it was wonderful, but people were crazy. The lady behind her kept insisting that she was one of the characters and all my daughter could do was laugh. Now, I suppose I'd better read the books! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to read the books, Chantel. Even though they for young adults, I think they are a good read. There's even a little romance in there. :)

      Delete