Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Me: A to Z

ME: A TO Z

A   If you were an ANIMAL, what would you be? I'd be a cozy sloth. Yeah, yeah, I know. Who wants to be a sloth? Well, I do! There's nothing better than just hanging around and being comfortable. That is life! :)  
B   BOOKS: What's on your reading list? I read so much that my list changes every week. At the moment I have two books waiting for the weekend:



C   COMPULSIVE about anything? I don't think I would consider myself compulsive, although I do like to keep books, notebooks, papers, journals by my bed. It builds up and can cause a mess.
D   DREAMS - Do you ... dream in color? remember your dreams? keep a dream journal? I always dream! My favorite dreams are my stories. All my ideas come to me in dreams and if I really like them, I have to immediately write them down in one of those notebooks by my bed. If I don't write them, they could disappear! My favorite scenes of Time Changes Everything came to me when I was in 'dreamland.' Is it sad that my best ideas happen when I'm asleep?
E   EATING - what's your usual snack? They vary. Today I had a granola bar and an apple. Last week I was stuck eating greasy slices of pizza from the snack store at school. I'm not complaining...
<><><> 
Casting Crowns: One of my favorite bands
F   A ew of your FAVORITE Things My Kindle Fire, Music (especially Christian Music), playing piano, card/board games with my children
G   GIGGLES! What (or who) makes you laugh? Do you have a good sense of humor? The last time I laughed was at my husband. He is a silly, silly man and I love him for it! Thanks Rafael!
H   major HOT Button: Politics. I try to avoid this conversation with others, but I definitley have strong opinions about it. In fact, I was a Political Science major in college!
I   I am ______________ thankful for all that I have.
K   Also KNOWN As... Aliases? Screen names? A non de plume perhaps? Melinda Dozier is my pen name, although it is my born name - so it doesn't sound strange to me. When I was in trouble as a little girl, my momma and daddy called me 'Melinda Kay.'
L   I LOVE ...reading! Without it..... I don't want to even think about it.
M   How do you feel about MEETING people? Do it all the time? Rarely? Parties or 1-on-1? I am not really a people person.  I think many people might consider me stuck-up or uncaring, but actually I am just shy. I prefer to spend a weekend with my family and at home. It's the little things that make me happy.
N   What's the story of your NAME? were you named after anyone? Do you go by a nickname? Any aliases? My father wanted to call me Melinda and my mother liked Kay; hence, I became Melinda Kay. I really like my last name, Dozier, as it shows my cajun-Louisiana blood. My nickname has always been Mindy.
O   OBSERVANT - What's around you right now? What do you see? A classroom full of pencils, paper, notebooks, calendars, and the sound of laughing children outside the back door. After school hours are my favorite. It's quiet and I can actually get some work done!
P   Who are the special PEOPLE in your life? My boys - all 4 of them (including my husband)!
Q   Any Little QUIRKs About Yourself: I hate that I'm always biting my nails. Yuck! It looks so unattractive. I would never have my characters do that!
R   What do you like to do for RECREATION? Haha! Does reading count? I also enjoy watching movies, and traveling.
S   Do You SING in the Shower? In the car? For your friends? I have fun singing and embarrasing my pre-teen and teenager.
<>  <>  <> 
What is waiting for me now.
T   What's at the Top of your TO DO list?: Professional To-Do List: Grade student essays 
Personl To-Do List:  finish editing Time Changes Everything.
U   Any UNUSUAL Experiences: I think 'unusual' is all relative. Unusual to me could be normal to you. Know what I mean? I think my life experiences have been unusual in the fact that I moved from the country I love, the United States, to Central America. From that point on, my life was never the same. Being an ex-pat is bitter sweet.I love the US, but at the same time, I am proud to be a "chapina." :)
<> 
Hubby, Littlest and Me in Panama Rainforest
V   VEGAS, Vienna, Venice, Vladivostok... How far have you traveled? What's your favorite City? When I was 16, I lived in Paris, France for a month. It was fantastique! Now, I live in Guatemala, Central America, and I consider that far away. I enjoy visiting my sister-in-law in Panama. In fact, in two weeks I will be on a beach in Panama celebrating Easter vacation.
W   WINTER, Spring, Summer, Fall... What's your favorite season? What makes it sspecial? One thing I love about Guatemala is it's motto: Land of Eternal Spring. Spring is the best season of all! Lucky for me today is March 21, the first day of Spring.
X   EXes - Things You Don't Do Anymore (but did, once (would you, again?)) Sadly, I can't think of anything I gave up and would do again. How boring could I be? Let's pretend.... I would never ever go back and climb that 300-foot skyscraper. Although it was a thrill, it was too easy. next time I will face the 1,250-foot Empire State Building.
Y   Any secret/deep YEARNINGS? My most secret and deep yearning (although not so secret anymore) is to become a published writer. I am on my way!
Z   ZERO to ZENITH - Where are you in your life? Still growing? On an upward (or downward) curve? Just skating along? I just reached what I consider the mid-point of my life. Turning 40 was hard, but I know I still have much ahead of me. Being published is my first step into making my second-half of life grand!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome post, Mindy! That was really fun to read through and get to know you better. So funny, you are always saying you and I are alike. Reading this post, you're right. Really fun! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chantel! See.... we have many similarities! Hope I can learn more about your at your blog.

      Delete
  2. That WAS fun reading through. You're so creative. :o)

    ReplyDelete