Saturday, February 14, 2015

Authors Share Their Time Out for Valentine's Day

In honor of Valentine's Day and my Valentine's Day novella, Time Out, Valentine, a few guest authors and I will share our best TIME OUT. It's so much fun to have Kristina, Rachel and Lynn here. Hope you enjoy...


From Me, Melinda Dozier, author of Time Out, Valentine from The Wild Rose Press.
My favorite romantic time out with hubby was a few years ago for our anniversary. We splurged on a night at a fancy boutique hotel in a quaint old historical town in Guatemala called Antigua. The hotel used to be a convent and it's very small and intimate. The room had a private garden and a fireplace, a bathroom with robes and slippers, music that played throughout the bedroom/shower ... and I always think this is a sign of "fanciness" ... a phone next to the toilet. The hallways were lit at night by candlelight and I could almost imagine the nuns walking around ... almost. Despite that vision, hubby and I had a very romantic evening. The atmosphere had a lot to do with it, but the alone time with my hubby was the frosting on the cake.

Buy Links:

Amz: http://goo.gl/CfyH8g
B&N: http://goo.gl/SbajOu
Kobo: http://goo.gl/hc1GAo
TWRP: http://goo.gl/hc1GAo


From author Kristina Knight, author of The Daughter He Wanted, Harlequin Superromance
Best Time Out:

Two years ago, RadioMan, bebe and I took a cruise with our extended family (his mom, my mom, one of my brothers). The grandmothers took bebe off our hands one night so we could have a date - so we did the fancy ship restaurant and wine and delish desserts. But my favorite time of the night was after: We decided to wander the deck for a while and when we got to the back side, no one was out. The twinkle lights were on and there were a million stars in the sky. We sat down and just watched the sky and talked about nothing. It was the best time - and it was February 14th!

Book Links: 

 
From author Rachel Brimble, author of What a Woman Desires, a Kensington Historical
 
My best romantic Time Out…
 
I am lucky enough to be married to a very romantic man (not that he realizes it!) and my wonderful Mr B has done many romantic things for me over our 22 years together.
 
If I have to pick one that will never, ever leave my memory for as long as I live was when I mentioned that my favorite author Nora Roberts, was coming to Ireland to do a book signing. I was desperate to go as I live in England and this would most likely be the closest she ever came to visit.
 
Within 6 hours of telling my husband, he had booked a flight to Ireland and also a night at the fabulous hotel where Nora was signing and staying. Ashford Castle is the most amazingly romantic, beautiful place I have ever seen, and certainly stayed. I truly didn’t want to leave… sigh
 
I not only got a book signed by Nora and talked to her about my own writing, but enjoyed an afternoon tea, listened as Nora gave fabulous interview with her UK editor AND a hello from her later on in the hotel bar. I was heaven! On top of all this, my husband and I were upgraded to one of their best rooms…it was phenomenal.
 
Without doubt, a romantic Time Out!

Book Links:
 

From author Lynn Burke, author of Susceptible to Him from Evernight Publishing.

As a mother of three little ones, and a husband who doesn't like to ever leave them behind, I've had all of ONE date in the last 3 years. Yes, ONE. Sad, isn't it?
 
My parents came for a visit last summer, and I INSISTED that Rob and I go out for dinner. We'd had a $50 gift certificate for a local restaurant in my sock drawer for a few years...time to use it already! My parents were more than happy to watch the kids, but it took a little nagging to get Rob to agree.
 
I made reservations for 4:30, which left more than enough time for us to make it back home before the kids' bedtimes.
We had a great Italian dinner, I enjoyed some vino, and we shared a cannoli. Mmmmmmm! While walking back to the car, Rob said to me, "You know, I actually had butterflies in my stomach before tonight." When I asked why, he said he was afraid we wouldn't have anything to talk about. I had to laugh, because we chatted the entire time about lovely meaningless things - NOT THE KIDS!!!!!!! - and laughed a lot. 
 
We've decided to 'date' more often...just haven't had the chance again. 
 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for hosting me today, Melinda!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what fun stories! Thanks for inviting me along, Melinda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all sound lovely but if I had to pick one, I'd be in Ireland to see Nora Roberts. Hope she visits again one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely one of the most romantic times of my life, Stephanie! Thanks for having me visit, Melinda :D

      Delete