Monday, September 22, 2014

Sexy in the City bundle from Crimson Romance


Sexy in the City Cover
  Sexy in the City 
 9 Glamorous, Globe-trotting Contemporary Romances only $0.99 for a limited time. 

Bundle Blurb New York to Paris, London to Los Angeles, these cosmopolitan tales of romance will challenge and inspire your most worldly fantasies: 

Singapore Fling by Alexia Adams: A CEO-in-training is tempted by her a handsome hotshot marketing director as they tour the company’s Asian offices. But will eight countries in three weeks lead to whirlwind romance or lasting love?

 A Place to Rest My Heart by Galen Rose: This poignant story of family, romance, and discovering where you truly belong will enchant everyone who’s ever left their heart in San Francisco.

Kirby by Samantha Molina: The competitive nature of New York’s publishing scene forces Rachel Sirianni to adopt an alter ego—but can she keep her hot boyfriend from discovering the duplicity? 

The Very Thought of You by Carolann Camillo: When real estate developer Nick Mancini tries to buy out the tenants in his San Francisco apartment building, sparks fly with stubborn Molly Hewitt. 

Masquerade by Nicole Flockton: A medical romance set down under in Perth provides just the right emergency to reunite Sophie and Alex after their steamy one-night stand. Looking for Prince

Charming by Iris Leach: Glory agrees to pose as her boss’s girlfriend while he campaigns for Lord Mayor of Melbourne—which might not be the best idea since she’s already in love with him! Urgent:
One Nanny Required by Olivia Logan: Rania George is offered a sweet gig babysitting a boy she adores. Only catch? She has to fly to Hollywood—a place she loathes—and spend three weeks with his devastatingly handsome and arrogant father.

Special Angel by Nancy Loyan: A diva with no record of her past, classical singer Angelique must search the globe to find her true identity, and sexy investigative reporter Brian Andrews is hot on her heels.

Perfect Partners by Stephanie Cage: London’s latest hit dance competition television show throws two former lovers into each other’s arms—but can they stay in step? Available Now.

Excerpts

Masquerade by Nicole Flockton

Excitement sizzled along her veins — she was finally going to get to taste Alex, feel his lips on hers. He turned her and she stood loosely in his embrace. Placing her hands on his hard chest, his heartbeat thrummed beneath her fingers in time with the blood coursing through her veins.
She looked up at him. If she were paper, she would have spontaneously combusted from the fire sparking within the dark depths of his eyes. Her breath hitched as she ran her hands up to his shoulders needing something solid to grip. He felt so good under her touch and she started caressing the strength beneath the warm fabric.

Sophie found herself pulled closer, his arms tightening around her. His breath floated over her skin, like snowflakes drifting down at the start of a storm. With his arousal brushing against her belly, heat pooled between her legs. All around her the noise of her fellow partygoers rose, but they remained hidden and untouched by it all. She was in a world that revolved solely around Alex.

The sound of the crowd counting down penetrated that world. “Ten, nine, eight, seven …”

Apprehension warred with excitement. Her stomach muscles clenched and her breath came in short, sharp gasps.

“Five, four … ”

The anticipation of experiencing a first kiss built. The moment when their lips would touch for the first time.

“Three, two, one. Happy New Year!”

Time stood still as Alex’s hands reached out and framed her face. With slow, precise movements, he reached around to the back of her mask, his fingers brushing her sensitive earlobes. He pulled at the ribbon holding her mask in place. The ties slipped apart like a knife cutting through butter. Her mask fell forward. She made no effort to catch it, letting it fall to the floor.

Alex leaned in close, his lips mere millimeters from hers.  “Happy New Year, Sophie.”

Before she had time to respond or remove his mask, he closed the distance and locked his lips onto hers. This was what she’d been waiting for from the moment they’d met. The touch of lips on lips. It was everything she’d wanted and more. Electricity jolted through her. His lips were firm and soft as they cajoled hers to respond. She didn’t need any encouragement. She wanted this and what this first touch would bring them.

Rising up on tiptoe, she wound her arms around his neck. Tracing the shape of his skull, hooking her fingers under his mask before slipping it over his head, letting it fall silently to the ground. His hair was soft and springy under her touch. She opened up beneath his onslaught to allow him access into her moist depths. His touch and taste were heaven. She never wanted the kiss to end. It was everything a first kiss should be and more.

She moaned when he pulled away from her, laying his forehead against hers. She pulled back, tilting her head up, getting her first good look at Alex. He took her breath away. It was amazing how a little mask could hide so much. Her imagination hadn’t done him justice. He was more handsome and striking than she had thought. Reaching out, it was her turn to trace his features. Cupping his cheek, his light five o’clock shadow bristling under her hand, she continued her exploration of the man who’d captivated her all evening. His nose had a tiny bump, signaling it had been broken at some stage. His strong, square jaw defined the personality he had shown her tonight. But she knew there was a softness to him too. Sophie finally ran her finger along his full, plump lower lip, gasping when he took it in his mouth, sucking gently on it. Sensations sizzled through her, all converging at the one point between her legs. She shivered at the thought of what would come later on.

A Place to Rest my Heart by Galen Rose

Good grief, this was ridiculous. I was not going to hang around and wait for the “children” to play nice, so I started walking home. There were no cabs to be seen but I was pretty sure I’d find a bus stop before long. The streets became less business and residential and more run-down as I walked along. Before too long, I realized I was lost and turned around to backtrack to the theatre. Two dark shapes moved from the shadows down the street and started toward me. I didn’t wait to find out if they were friend or foe; I did an about face, ran up the street a couple of blocks, then quickly ducked down an alleyway.
I stepped back into the shadows and waited to catch my breath and see if they had managed to follow me. Probably not one of the smartest things I could have done. I soon realized this, when a grimy hand covered my mouth from behind and a strong arm slid across my throat. Fear shot through me as I was pulled backward, deeper down the alley. All the self- defense training I had done raced through my head. Unfortunately, it was all at once and combined with the fear, I couldn’t get my muscles to do squat. A fat lot of good all those bruises and cracked ribs did when I had been training.
The arm across my throat moved to my waist and I heard the audible click of a knife being flicked open.
“Scream and I will cut you.”
My attacker had the voice of a rat and the stench of a garbage can. Funny what runs through your head when the sharp point of a knife sticks into your ribcage. I nodded my head to indicate I wouldn’t scream. My muscles were already lax and I was shaking like a leaf. No need to fake it, I was scared. He moved in front of me removing his hand from my mouth and shoving me hard, back against a wall. His hand moved to my throat and he waved a knife in front of me.
“Let’s see what you got for me? Give me your money, sweetheart and I promise not to hurt you.” His voice moved along my spine like a cheese grater.
I knew he was lying. I was finally able to get my brain to get over this scared crap and get in gear. I nodded and slowly unzipped my jacket to reach inside.
“Easy now, girl. No tricks.”
The knife hovered near my face, as he moved closer to me. I shook my head as his hand tightened on my throat. My heart was going a mile a minute and so was my breathing. It was now, or never.
My attacker heard a noise behind him and turned
his head away for one second. I brought my knee up into his balls, raised my arm up to block the descending knife arm and with my other hand grabbed his hand at my throat and twisted it. His knees gave out but he didn’t fall to the ground as he grunted in pain and doubled over some. It figures. I get an attacker that has balls of steel. I had his left wrist in a lock but the knife arm was coming around again. As I used his own arm to turn him away, he kicked out with his foot at my knee.
I quickly let go of him, dodging the kick. Moving away from the wall, he came at me again, swinging the knife at my face. I let it go by and kicked him in the gut. This had some effect as he doubled over. Finally, I thought; but I was wrong. He was only faking it. He rose up quickly and backhanded me, ass over teakettle, into a trash can. Somehow I still managed to get back up before he got too close. Tasting blood in my mouth, I smiled at him, now I was pissed. The man and I squared off, a little more leery about the other’s abilities.
“Come on, asshole. I ain’t got all night to wait for you.”
I hoped that if I goaded him enough he would do something stupid. But he just smiled, licked his lips, and shifted the knife to his other hand.
Over the man’s shoulder, Mike and Sean came into the alley. Sean started to run forward but Mike stopped him.
“Hey, Laney, you done yet?” Mike casually asked. Thankfully this was the diversion I needed for “asshole” to turn away to see who was talking. I grabbed the metal lid off a trashcan and hit him in the knife arm and then in the head. Finally, he dropped like a rock, as did I.
I fell to my knees and started trying to breathe normally again. Sean ran over and hauled me up, his hands moving firmly over my arms and then up to my face. “You okay?” His hands were gentle as his thumb wiped blood from my lip. All I could do was nod. I’m not sure what had me more speechless, the look of fear in his eyes or the whole past ten minutes. Mike kicked the guy on the ground for good measure and took out his cell phone and called the cops. Sean handed me over to Mike.
“I am going to run back to the theater and get my car.” Sean gently touched my face again. “You’ll be okay.” I wanted to tell him of course I’d be okay, as he ran off, but my brain had not reengaged yet.
“Nice job,” Mike said. “I think you might need some more practice. But not bad.” I muttered “thanks,” and leaned back against the wall, my knees still shaking.



No comments:

Post a Comment