Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Next Best Thing - WIP New York Minute


I have been tagged for “The Next Big Thing” for the second time.  The amazing Nicole Camp tagged me this time around. Make sure you check out her photoblog. Pretty cool!

The idea seems pretty simple: I have to answer 10 questions about my work-in-progress.

10 Interview Questions for the Next Big Thing:

1. What is the title of your Work In Progress?

My current WIP is titled New York Minute.

2. Where did the idea come from for your book?

Time Changes Everything, my debut novel coming out in May from Entranced Publishing, has a secondary character who wanted her own story...Veronica, a shy, but sexy accountant. 


3. What genre does your book fall under?

Sexy Contemporary Romance

4. What actors do you imagine playing your characters?

Diego could be played by Josh Wald, the sexy skateboarder/model.
Veronica's actress has been hard to find. 

Here is my pinterest board with pictures of how I invision them: http://pinterest.com/melindadozier/new-york-minute/


5. What is a one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Excitement hadn't always been in Veronica Adams' dictionary. Until she met Diego Diaz at a wedding and spent one fascinating night as a sexy seductress. Three weeks later, she reunites with Diego when her friend, Chloe, talks her into a Speed Dating event. Should she take the risk of another sensual exploration or continue with her boring life?

6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

I'm aiming for publication next year. First, I need to finish it.

7. How long did it take you to finish the first draft of your manuscript?

Still working. Half way there!

8. What other books would you compare this story to in your genre?

I've never read anything like this and that's what makes the story unique. There is the whole shy girl turns vixen trope that you may find in other contemporary romance books.

9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?

Veronica and Diego. My characters create a life in my head until I surrender and write. When I wrote Time Changes Everything, Veronica stayed in the background and I thought she needed her own story. I've always wanted a sexy, Latino "bad boy" and that's where Diego steps in.

10. What else about your book might pique your readers’ interest?

Again, New York takes place front and center. I always love a New York setting with romance in the air. 
Another hook would be my steamy sex scenes. For some reason, there's a sensual explosion between these two -- and they have lots of fun.

That's it! I can't wait to share the finished WIP with you. In the meantime, I will be participating in Sunday's Writer's Weekend Warriors with #8Sunday lines from my WIPs. Also, check out my pinterest board for pics of scenes and characters: http://pinterest.com/melindadozier/new-york-minute/


I tag the following 3 authors to continue on with the Blog Hop!
Ana Blaze - The Best Man from Entranced Publishing to be released in April.
Rachel Kall - Legally Undercover from Entranced Publishing to be released in April
Joanne Stewart - Contemporary Romance author with Crimson Romance

No comments:

Post a Comment