Difficult Task #2: Writing a short bio about myself.
I looked back at my favorite author's bios and saw that they weren't too fact laden.... member of RWA, loves to read and write (duh) or has a degree in English. The bios that I enjoyed the most were the ones that showed their writing voice. The funny, witty.... "this is the real me"... information. What do readers want to know the most? That they will read your book and enjoy it.
So, I hopefully wrote a mixture of the two. Since I am not an established author yet, I do have to build some background about who I am. here is my boring list:
- I am middle-aged woman (Yuck! Middle aged!)
- Teacher for 16 years
- Bachelors Degree in Communication and Political Science
- Masters Degree in Education
- Mom to three boys (ages 6, 12 and 14)
- Married to college sweetheart
I could go on and on with the boring facts. Now, the wierdo list:
- I love reality tv
- I secretly love to read Dr. Seuss to my six year old.
- My oldest and I have a secret "dork" handshake
- Playing Words with Friends, Draw Something, and Song Pop take up too much of my time, but I love it.
- Blogging has become a fun past-time.
- I could stay in bed all day and not feel bad about it.
So, where do I go from there? I mix up the two lists. Hopefully, it's not too boring and hopefully it's not too weird and it makes my readers interested in who I am.
With all that in mind, here is my true bio:
I am a writer.
I love to read and write romance.
I believe in Happily Ever After.
Thanks for stopping by,