Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Volcanos and Beauty of Guatemala

My littlest doing his Spiderman pose in front of the ruins.
Mi Guatemala

As I mentioned in a previous post, my sister came to visit after many years. We took a mini-vacation to Antigua, Guatemala. I promised pictures, and I want to share the beauty of this country. Although it is a third-world country, there are many beautiful places to visit. My favorites are the volcanoes that seem to follow you wherever you go.

View from apartment in Guatemala City. Volcan de Fuego.

Volcanes Acatenango and Fuego. Fuego is still active at a low level with steam visible  daily.


Streets of Antigua, Guatemala

Volcan de Fuego

Volcan de Agua

Beautiful art everywhere
Santa Catalina Arch
Cathedral at Central Park, Antigua, Guatemala
As you can see, Guatemala is full of beauty, nature and culture. Why not take a leap and visit an unknown place. Just let me know if you decide to stop by! I'll be waiting for you with a cup of coffee in one hand and a list of exciting adventures in another.

Thanks for stopping by,

Melinda

2 comments:

  1. I love the Cathedral. Very pretty. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'm on my way. Order that coffee for me! Sadly, not... but you did tempt me to get on that plane. : ) Great photos and interesting post. I'd love to see more of your adoptive country.
    And too funny, my littlest is on the other side of teh world doing the same Spiderman poses. : )

    ReplyDelete