Friday, July 13, 2012

Next Best Thing Challenge

The Next Best Thing Challenge


I was tagged to participate in the 'Next Best Thing Challenge' by the talented writer and blogger, L.J. Kentowski over at L.J. Writes. Make sure you check out her blog and her novel, Guardian of Fate.

The rules are simple:

1. Answer the 10 NBTC questions below
2. Spread the fun and tag 5 awesome people to participate

So, here we go!

1. What is the title of your book/WIP?
Since I already answered questions about Time Changes Everything, I decided to answer about my current WIP, Frequent Flyer.

2. Where did the idea for the book come from?
Ideas are always coming to me. This particluar story stemmed from my widowed brother-in-law. He has reentered the dating scene and has to raise two daughters on his own. So, I thought, wouldn't that be a fun guy to write. Colin is nothing like my BIL, but he did make the idea come to me.

3. What genre would your book fall under?
Contemporary Romance

4. Which actors would you choose your characters to play in a movie rendition?
I recently cast the roles in my head, entirely based on looks. Are you ready?

Dr. Colin Calaway ...... Chris O'Donnell


Hope Robinson ..... Candace Cameron

5. What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?
Composed and professional principal Hope Robinson has found her perfect match, but Colin Calaway is her doctor and a student's father! Per the rules, they cannot date, but somehow they always end up together.

6. Is your book published or represented?
This is a WIP, so no, it is not published... YET! My goal is to finish by the end of August and have it in Queryland by mid-September.

7. How long did it take you to write?
Still writing. I am trying to get through it quickly!

8. What other books in your genre would you compare it to?
I have always read category romance, particularly Harlequin Special Edition. So, I would say it is simliar to this line.

9. Which authors inspired you to write this book?
My author inspirations at the moment are Jill Shalvis and Shannon Stacey.

10. Tell us anything else that might pique our interest in your book.
You can read any Six Sentence Sunday excerpts HERE.


Now on to the five awesome people I'd love to see take part in this challenge!
Kimberly Sullivan
Donna B. McNicol at My Write Spot
Mina Lobo at Some Dark Romantic
Heather Murphy at Random Interruptions
Andrea Teagan at The Enchanted Writer


3 comments:

  1. They would make such a cute couple! I love the snippets of this that we get from SSS. Can't wait to read it as a whole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant wait to read it whole either! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Melinda. Perfect cast! I really look forward to reading it. As you may learn, I don't have a "whole" novel either and I wonder what mine will be like when it is. lol.

    Thanks for sharing. It's wonderful to get to know your work better.

    ReplyDelete