Monday, May 14, 2012

First Loves

First Loves Blogfest


I have joined another blogfest hosted by Alex J. Cavanaugh which is focused on our First Loves. Participants need to post 4 first loves: first movie, first song/band, first book, and first person. So, here I go!



First Movie: The first movie I ever remember going to was The Jungle Book. However, the first movie that I remember that made an impact on me was E.T. I loved everything about E.T. The friendships, the love, the science fiction, the hiding, and the discovery. I mean, who can resist loving a cutie, wrinkly little alien creature who says, "Ill be right here." I can't even count on my fingers how many times I saw this movie. I even had an E.T. birthday cake in the 5th grade! 



First Song/Band: I'm not sure if this is the first song I heard or first song I loved, so I will share a little of both. My first concert ever was Olivia Newton John. My oh my.... Let's Get Physical!  But, my first band love was Duran Duran. I was completely obsessed, much like the little Beilebers are now. I had my walls covered with the band, all their longplay albums (remember those) and belonged to all the fan clubs out there. 




First Book:  I became a reader in the fifth grade when I discovered the book The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. Then the movie came out which made me more of a fan because of all the cute guys... Tom Cruise, Rob Lowe... :)





My hubby and I
First Person: Now, what is this supposed to mean? [{blushing}]  My first real boyfriend was in the eighth grade, Steve Ngyugen. I can't believe I remember his real name. My first love was Shelby. And my first real love was my hubby, Rafael. 






Love my first loves! Thanks for reading!

If you want to read more entries or participate, visit the link above. 

10 comments:

  1. Great picks! And I've seen a few others pick E.T. and The Outsiders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the outsiders was my school book that i had to read, but loved it!

    We all love something...right!
    Jeremy [Retro-Zombie]
    Howlin' Wolf Records: On-Line Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice choices for your firsts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw E.T. for the first time when I was in the hospital with appendicitis... so I don't associate good memories with it! I know it is quite well known for the reasons you list, though. Good choices!

    Allison (Geek Banter)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometime I have to watch E.T. all the way through. I've only seen part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ET appeared on a lot of lists today!
    Thanks for participating in my blogfest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh me oh my The Outsiders. I had some crazy crushes on those book boys there especially after seeing the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you found true love! I have heard a lot about The Outsiders, I think I need to check that book out. :)

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah - nice post, Melinda! So sweet with you and your husband! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Duran Duran! Great choices. :)

    ReplyDelete