Monday, April 9, 2012

Back home... now to work!

Home at last! Now if I could just get back "to work." My head is not in it, but my heart is.

I was disconnected from the internet for a few days, and it felt weird. I didn't realize how much I have either a laptop, my Kindle, or Blackberry attached to my hip. No matter where I am, I can check my email, or even work on writing. But, this time around... nope! It was new to me... and fabulous. I really did have an excuse as to why I wasn't working. I did feel an immense wave of guilt as returning home today, I saw my critique partners worked like crazy on my chapters, while I was sitting on the beach drinking piƱa coladas. Sorry guys! I won't let you down. My query is out at the end of this week! That is my goal. So, late nights, early morns, I am going to write my butt off this week.

In case you wanted to see how our vacation went (and even if you didn't) here are some pictures of our trip to Panama.

My Middle and Little
My big and middle on the beach

Panama City reminds me of a mini-Miami

My prince charming and I at the Panama Canal

There it is! I probably won't be around much this week, but will share my perils next weekend once I send my work to the publishing house. 

Thanks for reading!



2 comments:

  1. Love seeing the pics of you family, Melinda! Glad you had a good time... now get to work! :-) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see vacation photos, Melinda. So happy to hear it went well! And I'm VERY pleased to hear you enjoyed being unconnected. When I'm on holidays, this is the norm and it always helps me to recharge. Good luck in the last pre-query days!

    ReplyDelete