Thursday, March 29, 2012

Booking Through Thursday 3/29/12


Today is Booking Through Thursday. Each week a question related to reading is posted and bloggers answer on Thursdays. Click the link above to participate!

This week's question:
Are there any fictional characters whom you have emulated? What literary character do you feel is most like you personality-wise, and why?
What a difficult question! I often read books and wish I was like a character.  I mean, who doesn't want to be like Scarlett O'Hara? Or dare I say Katniss Everdeen?


One of my all-time favorite characters is Elizabeth Bennett from Pride and Prejudice. I love her feistiness and "pride." Despite her mother's need for her to marry, and the various proposals, she surges forward with the power and persistence of only marrying who she pleases. Thank God!

Then again, as I ponder, perhaps Elizabeth can be like me. I think of her quote: “I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.”  I have to agree! Reading is my salvation! Now, if I could just work on that library.

But, I would have to say, I am most similar to Bridget in Bridget Jone's Diary. Doomed to be a little over weight, clumsy, and oh so sarcastic! I love her!

Happy reading!

Melinda


2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, Scarlett O'Hara is definitely a cool one :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/03/booking-through-thursday_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth Bennett is a great choice!

    My BTT http://bloodsweatandbooks.blogspot.com/2012/03/are-there-any-fictional-characters-whom.html

    ReplyDelete